Home > Program Design
Volunteer Positive Program Design
- Volunteer Positive participants have access to detailed and
updated travel information and advice compiled from a variety of
resources and through over 20 years of international program
- Volunteer Positive volunteers have access to planned and spontaneous international service opportunities selected and planned based upon their potential community impact, site safety, and efficacy.
Experienced, Detailed, and Supportive Interaction
- An extensive pre-departure orientation process which prepares you for most all possibilities
- A personalized placement matched to your skills and interests to the needs of the community
- Structured and guided reflection
- Access to and instruction by local leaders in the field to support building cultural competency and to help you put your unique experience into context.
- Basic language instruction
- Informative and exciting excursions
- NGO partners and people interested in building relationships with foreigners
- Resourced staffing and health support
- Safe and secure housing
- Free time
- Hard work and great fun
Volunteer Work Placements
- At the direction of leading non profits and intentional caring communities, volunteers will work along side local people. Volunteers will be matched personally by Volunteer Positive staff based on skills and the needs of the host communities. You might work with children, in public health outreach, in the arts, with LGBTQ groups, sex workers, Transgendered communities, pregnant women, in Human Rights, or with individuals living in communities affected by HIV.